Student Login Enquire Now
Call us today on
+61 8 9227 1797
Business & Management Courses
Gain a foothold in the business world
Develop specialised technical skills and knowledge
Hospitality Courses
Kick-start a career in this diverse industry
Be a qualified chef or a restaurant manager
Health Courses
Pursue a career in this fast growing industry
Learn about providing care and support to the elderly

Current Students

Student Counselling Services

The Counselling Service is available to students free of charge, on a confidential basis at the campus or by emailing our Student Support Office at Counselling Service staff are available to clarify and resolve a range of issues which might otherwise interfere with academic or personal effectiveness.

Such issues include:

  • Adjustment to life in Perth
  • Personal and family difficulties
  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Bereavement
  • Relationship problems
  • Situational stress
  • and course-related problems

The Service offers both individual and group counselling. Our Student Support Officer is based at the campus. They are there to help international students who are facing difficulties with:

  • Settling into life in Australia
  • Coping with Australian learning styles
  • Dealing with other students and teachers
  • Conflict resolution
  • Personal and study issues

Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assistance

Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Support is available to provide students with advice and support services. Students needing LLN support are identified on enrolment. Overseas students need Minimum of IELTS test results of 5.5, with no indvidual bank lower than 5.0, or equivalent in other forms of testing that satisfy the college's requirement to enter Stanley College's courses.

Once a student’s course has begun and they still think they need assistance they can talk to their trainer. Many trainers have a background in language learning and teaching and are able to offer students case by case support in their area. If the student still feels they need assistance then they can contact the Student Support Officer to be directed to the appropriate support service.

Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills are generally included and identified in all course programs. In identifying literacy and numeracy requirements, students need to:

  • Count, check and record accurately
  • Read and interpret
  • Estimate, Calculate and Measure

Legal Services

Legal Aid – Western Australia was established to provide legal assistance and other legal services to socially and economically disadvantaged people to ensure they understand and protect their rights. For people who meet Legal Aid’s means and merit tests, legal representation may be provided at minimal cost. Where legal advice and minor assistance is required, these services may be provided free. Contact Legal Aid for more detailed information.

Legal Aid – 1300 650 579 or visit

Community Services

24 hour Crisis Emergency Contacts

  • Lifeline - 131 114
  • Police: a free call - 000
  • Salvo Care Line - (08) 94425777

Sexual Assult

  • WA Sexual Assault Services – 131 444

Alcohol and Drug Counselling

  • Alcoholics Anonymous (24 hours) – (08) 9325 3566
  • Alcohol and Drug Service - (08) 9442 5000

Victims of Crime Support Line

  • 24 hour information, support and referrals – 1800 818 988

Interpreting Service

  • Phone: 131450

Driving in Australia

Overseas students are permitted to drive using their home country's driving license as long as the student has a study visa. Overseas students also can apply for a driver's license test. You can contact the Department of Planning and Infrastructure (DPI) on 131 156 for more information.

Your Health

Overseas Student Health Cover

Australia has a very modern and efficient health care system. It is subsidised by the Australian Government.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is a type of insurance that allows you to use the Australian healthcare system and it covers the majority of costs for any medical or hospital care which you may need while studying in Australia. It will also pay for some prescription drugs and emergency ambulance transport.

If you are an international student studying in Australia, you must purchase an approved OSHC policy from a registered health benefits organisation - commonly referred to as health funds -- before applying for your visa. You will need to buy OSHC before you come to Australia, to cover you from when you arrive. You will also need to maintain OSHC throughout your stay in Australia.

It is a requirement of Department of Education that the student visa holders must have Overseas Student Health Cover. Below here are few private Overseas student health cover providers for your perusal.

Health Insurer

  • Australian Health Management
  • BUPA Australia
  • Medibank Private
  • OSHC Worldcare (Lysaght Peoplecare)

Doctor's Visits

If you get sick, you may have to go and see a doctor. In Australia, you do not go to a hospital unless you are seriously ill. You go to your local doctor who will have a surgery near your house. Surgery hours usually start from 9:00 am and the surgery may be open all day. When you arrive, the receptionist will ask you for your Medibank Private Membership card or book. Don't forget to take your Medibank Private Membership card when you go to the doctor's surgery. If you cannot leave the house, you can ring the Doctor's receptionist and make an appointment for the doctor to visit you, which will be more expensive and may not be covered by OSHC.

If you cannot come to the College, the doctor will give you a medical certificate that describes what is wrong with you and says how many days you may stay at home. Do not forget to give your medical certificate to the Administration Manager when you return to the College. You keep the original certificate and we will place a copy on your file.

In Australia, you only have to pay 15% of the cost of a visit to your local doctor, and if you are in a public hospital you do not have to pay at all. However, you may have to pay more to see a specialist or if you are in a private hospital. When you get a bill or receipt for medical service, take it with your medical card to the Medibank Private office and apply for a refund.


Under Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) you are covered for accommodation and/or treatment in Public hospitals. This applies whether you need to stay in hospital or are a patient at the hospital’s outpatient clinic or casualty department. Public hospitals throughout Australia have emergency clinics where you can go at any time of the day or night in an emergency. Doctors at the hospital will attend to you. Some specialist costs may not be covered by OSHC.


For all emergencies that are life threatening, dial 000 from your telephone (or 112 from your mobile phone) to be attended by the emergency service departments. This includes Fire, Police and Ambulance services, operating 24 hours a day. Please follow the steps below to get assistance as soon as possible.

Ask the operator for the service you need;

  • Wait to be connected
  • Describe the problem
  • Be aware of your address or be ready to describe your location as clearly as possible
  • Listen to any instructions given by the operator
  • Do not hang up until asked to

Dialling 000 (or 112 from mobiles) is a free call. For general police enquiries please contact a local police station.

NOTE: Dialling 000 (or 112 from your mobile) as a prank call or for non-serious events is an offence and you may be in trouble with the police if you do so.

Ambulance Service

Your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) will cover costs for ambulance only when it is used in a state of emergency where medical attention is needed immediately. The costs for an ambulance used for nonemergency medical transport is not covered by OSHC.

First Aid / Medical

If a student is ill or injured on campus and needs help please contact any member of the College staff, as First-Aid cabinets are available on the premises. The College is not permitted to provide or administer medication to any students.

Students must report all injuries, accidents and near misses to their trainer or a staff member. Students who suffer from a serious illness or allergies or who are required to take medication daily should advise the Student Support Officer for any assistance or special arrangements.

Contact Us

Security code
  • I enjoyed my studies in Certificate III and Certificate IV in Commerci... read more Kay Egan
  • I enjoy studying at Stanley College as it has a great learning environ... read more Kim Hong
  • Stanley College provides me with full support to acquire and improve m... read more Raquel Emidio
  • I chose Stanley College because it is conveniently located near the ci... read more Anna Shu Yen Chu
  • Stanley College is simply amazing! What I like about Stanley College i... read more Jia Yee Chai
  • While studying at StanleyCollege, I have made lots of good friends fro... read more Juyun Wu
  • StanleyCollege providesan excellent learning environment where I can a... read more Nari Kim
  • I have enjoyed studying at Stanley College because I have had plenty o... read more Prue Evans
  • Stanley College is conveniently located and the timetable suits the da... read more Yuichi Kaneda
  • My trainer, Aaron Johnson, is a very knowledgeable and helpful person.... read more Martin Danielowski
  • The staff at Stanley College are great! My trainer is friendly and she... read more DucThuanLuu
  • Stanley College is the perfect place to gain knowledge! The trainer pr... read more Siaw Feng Ng